Where to find help online for homework?

As a student finding help when you are alone at home trying to study is very crucial. I remember times when I got stuck by myself on a math exercise.

From experience, I can say that it very crucial to find help at any moment when learning out of the classroom. After all, more than 60% of learning takes place when you are on your own. Lectures and notes are just a guide to the learning process. The final destination of all information is your brain.

Therefore, I compiled these useful resources that I am going to share with you. Never get stuck again doing an assignment or while studying.

Socratic.org
This is without a doubt the number one resource I recommend to all student. Especially if you are in secondary and high school.

I discovered Socratic when I was at high school preparing for my final exam. And even for assignments because our Math and Physics teachers used to give us some incredible amount of work, and so this resource helped to get help and connect with experts.

The reason why Socratic.org is so great is that there you will students of all levels, just like you as well as teachers and professionals that are more than glad to offer you their help at all times.

The website and app function in a very straight ward manner: you ask a question and some answers. Everything is based on these 2 simple concepts.

One cool feature in the app is that you can take a picture of your problem (usually for math and physics) then upload it and get it answered.
Go and try it out for yourself!

Khan Academy
No matter what subject you are looking for, Khan Academy has you covered. They have excellent resources such as videos and texts where you can read topics that you have covered in class.

You might think, ‘what is the use of going through the same thing you covered in class?’. Well, the answer is simply that the way in which your teacher explained a topic in class may be slightly different from the approach used by the Khan Academy teachers. And so it gives you a different way of thinking and more insight into the concepts.

I particularly found Khan Academy useful for Physics and Chemistry as the videos are always fun and intuitive unlike the approach used by my teachers that were very abstract (to me).

KA has a similar community to Socratic where you can ask questions and get an almost instant reply.

However, in my opinion, the one that best implements the question-answer way I Socratic because it is essentially about that while Khan Academy is more geared towards lesson taking.

If you ask me, both are a formidable resource when combined. I used both and they worked great for me.

Wolfram Alpha
This is most awesome software I have ever seen. Seriously this stuff is incredible!

This tool is basically a program that can give you incredibly useful information on a myriad of subjects.

I found this particularly useful for Math problems such as in Calculus. Just type in the most impossible integral that you have ever come across and Wolfram will give you give you the answer.

Not only does it give you the answer, but also a ton of other useful information and a complete step-by-step solution with it.

Its basic functionality is free but it has so much more to offer if you subscribe to a premium membership.

Just head over to wolframalpha to discover it for yourself.

For a math computation just head to this link. It works like a calculator but so much more. I hope you’ll find it useful 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best solution to men's hair loss