Is shopping on Amazon safe?

Is what... ‘yeah!’. You have my word. Now off you go, happy shopping!😊

Hey, why are you still reading this? Aren’t you off shopping already?

Just kiddin’😛 Actually the truth is not that simple. 😐

Okay, you wanna know a secret? The real answer is that shopping on Amazon is as safe as you will make it be.😉

What do I mean? It simply means that there are a lot of fake sites and scams around the web and makes shopping on Amazon and shopping, in general, to be very risky.

One wrong click and you could lose all your bank/credit card details in an instant.

In order to avoid being scammed on the internet, there are just a simple group of good practices that you must have.

How to avoid scammers and bad surprises…

Before buying an item check the rating of the seller.
People who have ordered from that seller will usually rate it after. This helps you to see if they were satisfied or not will the service.

Read reviews of the item
Make sure you read former clients’ reviews and comment on the product and sell. This avoided big mistakes in the past.

Always make sure you can contact the seller before making the purchase
I always like to contact the seller beforehand, just to make sure that if something goes wrong I can discuss it with them

....
The above list of precautions is mostly for Amazon shopping (and others like eBay, takealot etc). If you wanna know how to protect yourself from thieves that can actually steal your card details then check out this post.

My experience with Amazon…

Amazon is one of the greatest online marketplaces in the world, you find a wide variety of items from trusted and untrusted sellers.

In fact, anyone can place an item for sale on Amazon, both scammers, and real sellers.

A few months ago, I ordered a guitar pick and case. The cost of both items was $12 but I had to pay a total of over $50 including custom and shipping fees. The items came from the US and China respectively.

I had the items shipped over standard shipping. The items took over 2 months to arrive at the post office. And apparently, it was only a week after that I was notified that my mail had arrived.
I received this piece of paper of paper in my mailbox then went to collect it at the PO.

Points to note…

When shipping overseas that customs are very high and the items will take a long time to arrive.

Standard shipping is the slowest. Premium shipping is faster but way more costly (though I don’t expect it to be faster than 3 weeks).


------
That’s it, guys. My experience on shopping on Amazon. I Hope this will help those starting up to shop more safely and confidently. Have fun😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best solution to men's hair loss